Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Missing the beach....


.....so much this morning.  I'm not sure what it is about the beach that makes me feel so much at peace.  Perhaps it's the air, the waves or maybe just to be able to listen to the waves at night as i relax.  Whatever it is, i'm missing it very much this morning.

I have found some amazing veggie-bloggers and sites!  I'm totally thrilled as i will be following and learning from these sites.  One of my favorite is Veggie Belly.  Beautiful photos, yummy recipes....the kind of things i love.  There is a bean burger recipe on there that looks amazing and that i'm anxious to try.  I also have found a few lentil recipes; lentils are one of my favorite things to eat.  My mother use to make a simply delicious lentil soup for me....it was my comfort soup as was her split pea soup.  There is also Dr. Fuhrman's Famous Anti-Cancer Soup that looks like a good place for me to start with my soup cooking.  I'm so thankful that i've found so many great vegan/vegetarian sites as it's nice to have a road map to follow!

My sweet husband is a bit concerned about us eating this way.  I think that for the time being, i'll do the 6-week program and if he decides to follow, that's fine.  I don't want to push anyone, not even my sweet husband, to follow this 6-week plan if it doesn't feel right.  I'm not going to make a big deal about this, i'm just going to do this.

My complete physical is on August 7 at 8am.  My doctor's office rescheduled it when i spoke to the nurse and told her what i was planning.  She said that the blood work that i need to have done is best done in the morning and being first appointment will allow my doctor time to sit and chat a bit.  I'm lucky in that i totally love my doctor and am thankful that he is a straight-shooter.  He will tell me exactly the truth, explain the how's and why's and give me an honest opinion.  I'll be slated to go back to his office after my first 6-week program to get my numbers re-done....

A busy day today....i better get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment