Friday, July 27, 2012

Gearing up.....

.....to begin this new way of eating.  I'm reading recipes, visiting some amazing vegan/vegetarian blogs, writing down things to remember and slowly cleaning up my pantry.  So much will need to go from my pantry; basically, just about all of it eventually.  I'm feeling confident and nervous all at the same time about my doctor visit and getting my numbers from him.  I am curious as to what he will say when i tell him what i'm planning on doing.  Dr. Smith is really fantastic and he actually takes time to listen so i value what he has to say.  I imagine he'll want to keep an eye on me as i'm pretty sure that my numbers will be horrible.  That doesn't bother me as checking in with him will be a sort of accountability thing....besides, i'm curious to see what effect eating this way will have on my numbers.

Summer is still here and it is H.O.T.  As in "miserable" hot.  It really sucks being overweight and being in weather that is hot and humid.  I sometimes feel like i'm moving an un-moveable mass as i try to do anything outside.  I'm not like most women and perspire....i sweat and i sweat a lot.  It's not a pretty sight!  There's no glow about me, just a wet mess.  I wonder what it's like to be a healthy weight and be in this kind of weather.  While i understand that being at a healthy weight won't make life a super-terrific, i do know that it will make life better.  I think that when you feel better, well, things work better.  Not to mention that i hope to stop scanning the location of where ever i am at to see if i am the largest woman there!  Really, these are the kind of things i worry about.  I wonder what i could fill my head up with if i didn't concern myself with stupid things like that!

I am getting excited about the soup recipes that i'm finding.  I've always loved soups....and i'm finding that there are lots of amazing looking vegan/vegetarian soup recipes out there.  I especially love lentils....how funny that i am excited about these sort of things!  I have found some recipes for kale in soup and i'm curious about kale as i've always considered it a decoration and not a veggie!  ;0)

Off to do more reading and searching....

No comments:

Post a Comment