Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Disappointment


As a stay-at-home Mama, some things can't be helped.  I try not to bother my Pooka (yes, that's my pet name for my husband) with things that i need to do that would put a kink into his work plans.  He owns a business and the stress that he is under scares me sometimes.....so the less i can add to that work stress, the better i feel.  This does mean that i don't do many things that i want to do: i don't do a lot of girl nights out (in fact, i rarely do them), take painting classes or sewing classes.  My job is to take care of Emma and our home and i'm thankful that i get to do that.

This morning, my doctor's appointment was scheduled for 8:00am.

My husband was in a deep sleep when i went to wake him....and i just didn't have the heart to wake him.  He had a very long day yesterday with some travel thrown in and was exhausted.  Instead of waking him, i called to cancel my appointment and to reschedule it when my daughter starts school.  I felt bad for even wanting to wake him.  The scheduler wasn't there when i called, so i'll call back later today to reschedule.

I am disappointed that i didn't go to that appointment.

But i will go to the next scheduled one....i will.

Until then, i'm going to be trying a few recipes....that look amazing.  I can't believe how many sites there are in blog-land that have vegan/vegetarian recipes!  I'm going to be taking advantage of all of that information out there and trying recipes to find the things that i'll come to love and use as my 'go-to' foods.

This lifestyle can be done....and can be done tastefully!!

No comments:

Post a Comment